I start by collecting my parts. Two XBee series one modules, three L293D Motor controller H-Bridge Chips, three Kysan 1124101 stepper motors, matrix board and four 9V batteries plus 9V battery clips. I chose individual 9V batteries as an added safety feature. As this is essentially a prototype I just needed to test if the system would work together while being controlled with an XBee module. If I were to use any higher voltage or even just one power source for the motors and Arduino I run the risk of damaging the Arduino and other components. This is a low risk low cost method of prototyping a concept device.
I started by drawing up the circuit in Eagle so that I could work off the schematic.
| The wiring, I soon realized, was going to be difficult to manage due to the sheer amount of wires needed to run the L293D. I have since revised my PCB design for the final version (see later post). |
| This is the current working version of the circuitry. A revised version is in the works though I am happy that this version is working and I have been able to continue the programming of the Arduino. |
No comments:
Post a Comment