Friday, 16 December 2016

The Design and Fabrication

The design and fabrication of the Omnimac has progressed and started to take shape. I had to build the wheels which were 3D printed and also design and print a appropriate chassis for the Omnimac.

I started with the printing and building of the omni wheels used in the project. These where sourced from thingiverse.com. The design was by user cbiffle (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:705). I took the original design and scaled it to the appropriate size. 

Cutting the axle for the roller wheels of the omni wheels.

The two halves of the omni separated. The bolts are for holding the motor mount.
 

The wheel fulling built with rollers installed.

Three wheels complete.








I then moved onto the chassis of the device.  This process took some time to design as the particular dimensions needed to be precise. I was able to use the data sheet of my motors to use the true measurements.

I designed the chassis in Fusion 360. This is the first iteration. The motors will be bolted to the three corners.

This is the first test print done for the chassis. I printed with PLA and as you can see I forgot to mark out the holes for the circuit boards. This is something I will address in the next version. 




No comments:

Post a Comment